Friday, May 10, 2013

DHYANAM-Purva Dhanashree!

DHYANAM-Purva Dhanashree! 


 Hey Manusha! I am Devi! I am Mata, I am your mother, I am everything  and yet I am frail and may be no match to the timeless stone images which surround me!  The eyes are closed but are seeking an seeing which a wakeful mind cannot perceive. The stones which have come alive around me and myself as a person, are no different from each other. 

All of us are made of the elements of nature, combined differently, ordained uniquely by our creators. The one, man created has stood the test of time and is withering away ever slowly bearing witness to the centuries of human agony, ecstasy and realisation!And yet as a human I know that I have but a limited window to live and to give, to seek and be sought after, to create and be part of the creation,  like the artists who have long gone but whose  creations have stood the test of time, I would also create, carve something out of the human  consiousness so that when I am gone, my work would stay, it would be carried in the mind and feet of the generations to come, each adding to the learning as I did after learning from Guru, who did likewise.  Each individual adding to the uniqueness of dance, the expressions and the life itself!  

My eyes are shut and yet I am seeing the world that is passing in its own rhythem, creating and destroying everything around it and everyday man is waking up thinking he would live for another 100 years and yet men in their millions have come and gone, each merged with the soil, the rivers, the skies from where they came and each becoming the soil on which new saplings grew, creating a world anew.  No one is dying, no soul is  going back to the creator as creator is no one different than his creation. All are here and would remain in the only world that human knows which can preserve him, the world I salute with my eyes closed as I seek to know the truth, the truth of my existence. 

The reason why I came, the reason why I would go  so that a new generation would walk the same path, move mountains, create a new world, only to become part of the dust that they would leave in their wake.  Dhyanam is not just to discipline my mind and thought process but it is  the unique few minutes when you could visit your soul  and be with it so that you know you dont have to be born again as you would never have gone, you are here and you will always be here. This is the world I came to this is the world that has been given to me, this the world that I would shape  in my unique way, this the world that I will leave to become part of its microcosm so that in every shaft of light, in every drop of water and every gust of cool wind, I know I will be there, again and again!

Inspired by the beautiful young friend and Bharathanatyam  Dancer, Purva Dhanashree

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bharatanatyam is a famous Indian classical dance. You can find Bharathanatyam classes and teachers in every corner of India.

jdp238 said...

So well expressed Sir!